Pre select option for UH students
Some items of note:
- The preselect due date for the spring match is January 15th.
- It is open to all students who receive verification statement from UH
- Applications can be dropped off in 104 Garrison or 211 Cameron.
- There is no application fee and no need to use DICAS
The University of Houston Dietetic Internship participates in the pre-select option to computer matching for students receiving verification statements from UH DPD.
In the pre-selection process, the program will select students who have met the admission requirements for the DI. September 15th is the postmark deadline for applications. The applicant will be notified on or before Sept 20th confirming his/her acceptance status in the program.
If pre-selected, the applicant's name and social security number are submitted to D&D Digital Systems, Inc. to ensure that the applicant will not participate in the computer match. If the applicant is not selected through the pre-select process, he/she may apply to any DI including UHDI through the computer matching process.
Application Materials for Pre select option
Pre-selection applicants will have to submit a paper application. They cannot use the online DICAS application.
- Download and complete the Pre select-checklist (pdf) (Note: this is different from the checklist for DICAS applicants)
- Complete the paper application (word doc)
- Application letter
- 3 letters of reference - download blank recommendation form.
- Handwritten Essay: An essay of 150 words or less describing a significant experience, achievement or risk that you have taken and the impact it has had on you.
- Resume: A current summary of your academic, employment and professional activities. Please include your email address.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Additional material for the distance track
If you are applying to the distance track, you will need to complete additional materials:
- Preceptor Forms, Rotation Schedule: completed rotation schedule, preceptor forms and preceptor resumes for all your prospective sites. Download these forms from the distance track webpage
Submit all of the above in a single packet to:
Dr. Sharon Bode
Dietetic Internship Director
University of Houston
Health & Human Performance
3855 Holman St., Rm 104 Garrison
Houston, TX 77204-6015