Pre select option for UH students
Some items of note:
- The preselect due date for the Spring 2014 match is January 15th 2014.
- It is open to all students who receive verification statement from UH
- Applications can be dropped off in 104 Garrison or 211 Cameron.
- There is no application fee and no need to use DICAS
The University of Houston Dietetic Internship participates in the pre-select option to computer matching for students receiving verification statements from UH DPD.
In the pre-selection process, the program will select students who have met the admission requirements for the DI. The applicant will be notified confirming his/her acceptance status in the program.
If pre-selected, the applicant's name and social security number are submitted to D&D Digital Systems, Inc. to ensure that the applicant will not participate in the computer match. If the applicant is not selected through the pre-select process, he/she may apply to any DI including UHDI through the computer matching process.
Application Materials for Pre select option
Pre-selection applicants will have to submit a paper application. They cannot use the online DICAS application.
- Download and complete the Pre select-checklist (pdf) (Note: this is different from the checklist for DICAS applicants)
- Complete the paper application (word doc)
- Application letter
- 3 letters of reference - download blank recommendation form.
- Handwritten Essay: An essay of 150 words or less describing a significant experience, achievement or risk that you have taken and the impact it has had on you.
- Resume: A current summary of your academic, employment and professional activities. Please include your email address.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Additional material for the distance track
If you are applying to the distance track, you will need to complete additional materials:
- Preceptor Forms, Rotation Schedule: completed rotation schedule, preceptor forms and preceptor resumes for all your prospective sites. Download these forms from the distance track webpage
Submit all of the above in a single packet to:
Dr. Sharon Bode
Dietetic Internship Director
University of Houston
Health & Human Performance
3855 Holman St., Rm 104 Garrison
Houston, TX 77204-6015